Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Mar 3 01:52:26 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> If you don't like rawhide for that use case, find another operating
> system.

Such as? We're filling a niche, this is one of our unique selling points,
you want to throw out the baby with the bathwater!

> I'm tired of waiting for many many hours while we try to compose out the
> 3444 individual updates in F11 stable.

The fact that it takes hours is really a failure of our mash process. Extras
managed to deal with this in a much more efficient way: they pushed only the
new stuff and then had scripts to clean out the old stuff (and a process to
request manual deletion if old stuff was not being cleaned out for some
reason). How much old stuff was in the repo was mostly irrelevant for the
time a push took.

        Kevin Kofler