Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 3 01:55:04 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 02:11 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> You and everyone else, please stop proposing Rawhide as the solution for me
>> and people who want the same "update everything that doesn't break things"
>> policy, it does NOT fit our usecase at all!
>
> If you don't like rawhide for that use case, find another operating
> system.  I'm tired of our stable releases getting tonnes of updates.
> I'm tired of what F11 shipped like being completely different today.
> I'm tired of waiting for many many hours while we try to compose out the
> 3444 individual updates in F11 stable.  (that's right, 3444 srpms worth
> of updates.  F11 only had 7446 srpms to begin with!!).  This is not the
> style of distribution I wish to produce or consume.  If this is the
> style of distribution you wish to produce or consume, then I encourage
> you to go find another distribution or start your own.

Okay, I have to ask: why are you right and Kevin is wrong? What makes
your vision of Fedora more worthy than his? (Especially when his is the
apparent incumbent?)

Some of us like Fedora just fine the way it is, and don't want to see it
change to match your vision.

--
Matthew
Ncurses. Blessing console programs since 1993.