Worthless updates

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Mar 3 01:55:10 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> No data in the bodhi ticket.
>
> Rpm changelog says "Upstream update"

This sucks. While it's fine for the RPM changelog to say that, it'd need
something more useful in the update notes, at which point the maintainer
would also have noticed the futility of this particular update.

> If I google for upstream and look for a changelog, I come to this:
> Ok... removing deprecated uses is a questionable at best update, but
> here is the kicker.  The perl in F11 is perl-5.10.0-82.fc11.  So these
> functions aren't actually deprecated in F11.  So... why is this update
> going out?  What possible benefit does the user get from this?  Does
> anybody see this as a reasonable update to publish on F11?

I sure don't. I want new versions where it makes sense. This one clearly
doesn't.

        Kevin Kofler