Worthless updates

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 3 03:24:34 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> said:
> On 03/03/2010 02:29 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > What possible benefit does the user get from this?
> Keeping the rpms in sync with CPAN.

What is the benefit to the user in keeping the RPMS in sync with CPAN?
Nothing of consequence (at least according to the source changelog)
changed with respect to perl in F11.

> If you'd use perl you'd know.

I use perl and have for years; I don't update every module every time
there's a new update on CPAN; I update when there's a bugfix that
affects my platform (a bugfix that only affects perl 5.11 users doesn't
affect F11 users) or when there's a new feature I need.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>