Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Mar 3 03:44:32 UTC 2010

Chris Adams wrote:
> Who is the "we"?

What I said was "We're filling a niche" as in "Fedora is filling a niche".
This is not saying who is behind that (I'd say it just de facto happened,
without anybody in particular initiating the process) nor whose niche is
being filled (which shouldn't matter, as long as it's SOMEBODY's niche we're
filling).

> There are a number of people objecting to your interpretation that are not
> happy with the current situation.

That doesn't change the fact that we're filling a unique niche and that we'd
be throwing away that unique strength by chaning our position on this point.

        Kevin Kofler