Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 3 04:02:10 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> What I said was "We're filling a niche" as in "Fedora is filling a niche".
> This is not saying who is behind that (I'd say it just de facto happened,
> without anybody in particular initiating the process) nor whose niche is
> being filled (which shouldn't matter, as long as it's SOMEBODY's niche we're
> filling).

There seem to be a number of users that don't like the rapidly
multiplying updates; it would appear that Fedora's success is in spite
of this, not because of it.

But hey, if KDE is going to continue to get multiple major updates per
release, then KDE updates shouldn't be listed as a release feature or in
the release notes.  If you install with a network connection and the
updates repo enabled, there's apparently no telling what KDE version
you'll end up with.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>