Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Mar 3 05:47:23 UTC 2010

On 03/03/2010 05:54 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> mock-1.0.5 was pushed into updates-testing a number of days ago that
>>> includes the new 13 configs.  They'll get moved over to the various
>>> stables shortly.
>>
>> Too late, you failed to provide them in time.
>
> +1
>
> Yet another perfect example of an update which should have been pushed
> directly to stable.
No, this package should have been in place ("in updates") at the same
time, the F-13 branch had been activated in Fedora's CVS.

This wasn't the case, and thus likely caused:

* maintainers wanting to "make mockbuild" F-13 package in CVS to hit
build failures (I did so) or to test-build against the wrong repository
(building against rawhide instead of F-13).

* maintainers having to waste their time on reimplementing local
versions of /etc/mock/fedora-13-<*>.cfgs (I did so).

* third parties (e.g. rpmfusion) building packages against the wrong
repos, because they didn't notice they need to branch and away from rawhide.

It's a mistake, ... mistakes happen, ...

The only things making me angry about this, is this particular mistake
(mock *.cfg not being in place in time) not having happened for the
first time and when taking into account the responsible person's
attitude and position in Fedora.

Ralf