tor dependency insanity.

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Mar 3 10:11:35 UTC 2010

James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org> writes:

>  You are joking, right? I mean apart from the fact that there is a
> _huge_ difference between requiring "mount" and "libX*" ...

please do not blame me for redhat-lsb packaging...

> the _kernel_ requires the package initscripts is installed.

initscripts are not required for kernel at runtime:

| $ rpm -e --test initscripts 2>&1 | grep kernel
| $

Netherless, this seems to be a packaging bug; initscripts are a
Requires(pre/post) for kernel but none of these scriptlets use them.
Perhaps grubby/mkinitrd/dracut needs them, but not the kernel.

Enrico