Worthless updates

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 12:18:10 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 13:07:16 Rakesh Pandit wrote:
> On 3 March 2010 16:23, Thomas Janssen wrote:
> [..]
>
> > BUT, Fedora was my choice BECAUSE i get/got the latest and greatest.
> > Even without running rawhide/factory/cooker.
>
> [..]
>
> Well, update to latest release (every 6 month) and you will get latest
> and greatest anyway. Updating old releases to latest and greatest
> (features and new versions) has a cost, unless update is essential, or
> a serious bugfix or security fix.

It's bad to force users to update so often - it's not usually without problems
and it's really big change. Read my proposal (in this thread branch, reply to
akurtakov), I think it's nice compromise how to have stable and still current
releases without pain, overhead for maintainers etc...

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275