Worthless updates

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 3 12:33:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Rakesh Pandit <rakesh.pandit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 March 2010 16:23, Thomas Janssen wrote:
> [..]
>> BUT, Fedora was my choice BECAUSE i get/got the latest and greatest.
>> Even without running rawhide/factory/cooker.
>>
> [..]
>
> Well, update to latest release (every 6 month) and you will get latest
> and greatest anyway. Updating old releases to latest and greatest
> (features and new versions) has a cost, unless update is essential, or
> a serious bugfix or security fix.

What cost? I'm the maintainer of those packages. If i want them as
well for people who want it in F-11, i give it to them. Why should i
force someone to upgrade every 6 month? Or even worse to rawhide as
mentioned in this thread? I had skipped F-11 myself entirely because
it was (FOR ME) too broken (personal opinions i dont want to discuss,
because i dont have to discuss it, it's my right to think that a
release is bad and skip it). I respect people who wants to do that as
well.

Or is that the next right someone wants to remove, to skip a Version?

If you dont want to do it, fine. Up to you. Nobody forces you to do
so. But dont force me into some RHEL update behavior.
If you want that, just use it.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium