Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 3 13:34:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Thomas Moschny wrote:

> 2010/3/3 Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com>:

>>> I'm starting to think this thread needs a hall monitor. Unfortunately
>>> half of them seem to be in it, swinging away.
>>
>> Why?  Other than one instance, which was my own, there hasn't been anything in
>> this thread that I would consider hall monitor worthy.
>
> Wording starts to get near to unacceptable imho. People not sharing
> the view that there are to many updates to so-called stable releases
> (a 'fire-hose' of a 'horrendous' and 'insane' amount of updates) are
> denoted not being normal.

I think we've always referred to the stream of updates as 'the fire-hose'.
It's an expression from a movie called UHF. A character in the movie says
"You win the prize you get to drink from mr. firehose!" Then proceeds to
spray a firehose at a child who is excited to drink from the firehose.

in the context it is really funny.

-sv