James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 3 15:31:56 UTC 2010

> I wasn't suggesting that's what happens in Fedora at present, just that
> - given a single update stream in which it's perfectly fine for
> 'security' updates to build on 'feature' updates - it's impossible to
> cherry pick only security updates.

 This is Fedora. Security updates can come with new features, that's
life. You can have zero updates for a package, and then do a rebase to
fix a security problem and also Require: the latest versions of
everything else in updates for all I care.
 The security problem is _fixed_ though, so your system is secure, and
that's all that --security guarantees (and it has made "minimal"
updates, it's just that "minimal" is bigger than with say RHEL/CentOS).

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/releases
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.27
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumMultipleMachineCaching