Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Mar 3 15:32:21 UTC 2010

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> If KDE wants to be on an equal footing with GNOME (another of your
> repeated complains) it needs to learn synchronizing with distro releases
> like GNOME (and kernel, and xorg did).

I don't see this as being practical at all. Not all distros even release at
the same time as Fedora and Ubuntu in the first place.

> You're distorting the Fedora model to accommodate KDE roadmaps.

No, this goes far beyond KDE. KDE roadmaps are just one strong argument for
doing things this way. Many more packages benefit or would benefit from
version upgrades during a release.

        Kevin Kofler