Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 16:08:33 UTC 2010

On 03/02/2010 08:42 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Peter Jones wrote:

>>> They are much less likely though.
>>
>> Please provide data to support this bullshit assertion.
>
> Changing the bytes which get sent to some piece of hardware you have no or
> only inaccurate documentation on is much more likely to cause breakage than
> some of the simple changes which are done at application level, like
> removing a hardcoded call to setCheckSpellingEnabled(true) to make it
> default to the system default instead.

That isn't data. It isn't even a particularly good anecdote.

--
        Peter

Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely
mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the
road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.
		-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy