Worthless updates

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 3 16:15:15 UTC 2010

On 3/3/2010 2:27, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Let F11 rott because it's EOL soon?
>
> Pardon, but you can't be serious about this.
>
> At least I am trying to provide all released Fedoras with same amount of
> attention.

Right now Fedora releases are either "Supported" or "Unsupported." [1]
If we want to break "Supported" into "Production 1/2/3" [2] we should
codify it.  Fedora's support policies don't currently treat supported
N-1 and N-2 releases as second-class citizens, so if we don't plan on
supporting all "Supported" releases equally we should stop creating the
illusion that we are.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LifeCycle#Maintenance_Schedule
[2] http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/errata/