Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Wed Mar 3 18:52:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> You're distorting the Fedora model to accommodate KDE roadmaps.
>
> No, this goes far beyond KDE. KDE roadmaps are just one strong argument for
> doing things this way. Many more packages benefit or would benefit from
> version upgrades during a release.

In my undestanding, KDE makes new feature releases (b releases) and
bug fix releases (c releases), where versions are kde-a.b.c.

How is that 'one strong argument for doing things this way' in
fedora where new features are added into new Fn releases?

I talked to rdieter about this and said that part of the problem
is that not all of the bug fixes end to bugfix releases and would
be thus ommitted from stable fedora releases. Being a pure KDE
upstream problem, it should be solved there and would certainly
get more focus if fedora would start enforcing it.

If KDE doesn't put required focus to that problem, then it's the
SIG/pkg maintener's problem to communicate that with upstream.

For note, I'm among those who don't want feature upgrades into
stable fedora release. If you're so happy to chase latest and
gratest, feel free to do it in your sf.net private repo.

Your current proposal:
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Stability_Proposal

still fails in that part.

Tuju