Worthless updates

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 22:45:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 14:14 -0500, Peter Jones wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 01:17 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> >> In the end, I think the question is not about giving users what users
> >> want (be it frequent updates or stalled releases), but giving users
> >> what we see as a better deal for them.
> >
> > I think wanting to decide for your users is a really arrogant attitude.
>
> But that's exactly what you do with rebases during a stable release.

This isn't a productive topic of conversation. Making decisions for
users is intrinsically what package maintainers (and distributions)
*do*. That is their function. If you don't want a maintainer /
distribution making choices for you, you build your own software.

So, no-one's going to win any prizes from this conversation...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey