[HALL-MONITORED] Update threads are now hall-monitored

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 22:52:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 16:40 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 04:30 PM, Doug Ledford wrote:
> > So while I agree that some of the posts where people are simply
> > attacking other people need to stop, I can't agree that this thread has
> > reached a stage where it is advisable to stop constructive discussions.
> >  I would argue that it's necessary to continue constructive discussions
> > in order to reach the stage where a wiki page and proposals makes sense.
>
> I would say that the next steps should be one (or more) of the following:
>
> * A proposal to adopt a more stable update cycle
> * A proposal to adopt a more semi-rolling update style
> * A hybrid proposal which deals with both cases
>
> If you would like to write a proposal on those items (or any other
> improvement related to updates management) and then start a new thread
> focused on constructive discussion and honing of said proposal, I would
> have no quarrel with it.

I'd note that the initial FESco proposal under discussion was actually
far more moderate than any of the above, and should be considered
separately from any of them. It can be implemented without constituting
a decision on what the actual character of updates should be.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey