Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 14:34:46 UTC 2010

On Thursday 04 March 2010 15:01:29 Juha Tuomala wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > You mean the KDE stability proposal? As this is F11, i.e. "previous
> > stable", KDE 4.4 would actually not have been pushed to F11 under that
> > proposal.
>
> How i read it, you would still push *one* feature release in the
> middle of stable release lifespan, right?
>
> How that's going to solve anything as upstream *intentionally* pushes
> stuff into it to break things? Even they don't expect you to do what
> you do.

People who wants stability would be in time of this push to Fn still running
Fn-1. Only people who wants new features would be running Fn. There's no sense
to have two frozen releases out there! We can just support one for 12
months...

I personally think that update every 6 months breaks much more stuff so letting
users to stays as much time with older but still supported releases is what we
really want.

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275