Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Thu Mar 4 15:36:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Upstream has no policy about what kind of releases are to be provided as
> updates, this is a distribution decision.

They add features to own releases just for that reason, so
downstreams and users could avoid such mess that has just happened.

If you don't understand that, you're part of the problem.

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Nobody intentionally BREAKS things. Upstream KDE releases are
> supposed to be backwards compatible,

See, you used word 'supposed'. You've been around enough to know
that reality is something else what you keep so passionately talking
about.

Tuju

--
You want to throw out the baby with the bathwater! - K. Kofler
Your baby is my bathwater. I don't want the OS you're building. - J. Keating