Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 21:47:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 16:43 -0500, Peter Jones wrote:

> > We already have systems for checking common guideline compliance
> > problems and things like dependency issues within a single
> > repository; we don't have tools for doing this across a bunch of
> > separate quasi-independent repos.
>
> Do you really think making repoclosure do its thing over a group of
> repos instead of a single repo is a mountainous task? Yes, obviously
> we'd have to change some tools. That's why I said "Obviously this would
> require some tools work".

My point was more that if there doesn't seem to be any particular
advantage of the 'forest-of-separate-repos' approach, it's work for no
gain.

I see your point about providing multiple repos for some projects...I'm
not sure whether it's something that would turn out to be terribly
useful in practice, but hey, maybe we should ask some of the bigger SIGs
and see what they think.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey