Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 22:02:36 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 04:44 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/05/2010 03:09 AM, Peter Jones wrote:
>>
>> Option two is one more repo for all "updates".  Which may be well and
>> good, but might also be less interesting than a more general approach. In
>> #4, what I'm suggesting is essentially the possibility of a SIG having
>> overlay repos for whatever distro version(s) they want; they could be
>> experimental, they could be for upgrades that don't conform to a more
>> strict update policy, it could be for things even *I* haven't thought of
>> yet ;)
>>

> Is this what you had in mind?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/KojiPersonalRepos

It's very similar, but not quite the same, for a couple of reasons. To wit,
Jesse's proposal mostly seems to focus on the repos being somewhat
transient - "Bob wants a repo to test something" - whereas I'm discussing
a longer-term purpose.  Also, his is on a individual level, whereas what I'm
discussing would be more at a SIG level. That in some sense may make
implementation somewhat easier, by putting a damper on the rate at which
they need to be created and destroyed, and also might include some
oversight as to whether creating it is really such a good idea - but
making it a "is this completely bogus" sort of choice, rather than a
"does this fit in to our rigorous policies" kind of decision. This
would also help avoid the option-overload that comes with #3 on my
original example list.

--
        Peter

Old MacDonald had an agricultural real-estate tax abatement.