Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Fri Mar 5 00:49:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> Could you try to run it manually and paste log/output somewhere?
>
> akonadictl start

Was it so that mysqld wants to communicate through fs sockets
which does not work on NFS $HOME?

[akonadiserver] Failed to use database "akonadi"
[akonadiserver] Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/home/tuju/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket' (111) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"

Back then I have talked about this NFS issue with KDE SIG at
#fedora-kde so many times that this cannot be the problem, since it
wouldn't have been pushed into production when it was tested with
NFS, right? :)

Tuju

--
You want to throw out the baby with the bathwater! - K. Kofler
Your baby is my bathwater. I don't want the OS you're building. - J. Keating