To semi-rolling or not to semi-rolling, that is the question...

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 23:23:38 UTC 2010

Doug Ledford wrote:

> [the whole nine yards]

I like this idea. As a user of fedora updates-
testing and kde-redhat, in order to get the
latest software the soonest onto my computer,
without having the burden of reinstalling my
system twice a year on 2 computers, x86_64
desktop and i686/PAE laptop, I like the idea of
being able to run rawhide perpetually (and not
having it get into such a conundrum that one day
it will no longer even boot, due to some bad yum
update). I had flippantly proposed 'fedora
infinity' a year or two back on this list and it
was shot down :-( I was told that I should look
into sidux or arch linux, I think. Sorry, I'm not
into building my system from scratch and
appreciate the fantastic work here and, were
rawhide to always work while always being on the
edge of the latest development, and no longer
having to reinstall twice a year, i.e., having
rawhide become a de facto rolling release, I
would be thrilled with it!!!