Fedora 13 Alpha Go/No-Go Meeting: 2010-03-04 @ 01:00 UTC Recap

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 5 04:31:16 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson wrote:
> We have various different definitions of the Alpha, it seems. The
> working definition that QA / rel-eng have always worked on when deciding
> whether to ship it is, broadly, 'can you install it, boot it, get a
> network connection, and install updates'. That's what the current Alpha
> release criteria and validation tests aim to explicitly codify and
> verify.

But it also fails that definition and this was ignored just because it
didn't happen in the GNOME spin (which will always be the GNOME spin, not
the "desktop spin", but *A* desktop spin; FESCo, the Board or any other
committee deciding otherwise doesn't change this, it's like deciding that
apples are "fruit" and any other fruit can only be an "orange fruit", a
"pear fruit" etc., but not a "fruit" because only apples are that). :-/

        Kevin Kofler