how to make things better(tm)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 5 05:31:53 UTC 2010

John5342 wrote:
> Sorry. That was perhaps rather strongly worded. I was not suggesting
> going against policies if they are mandated. My complaint about sheep
> was towards the option of defering. Not the act of following what is
> mandated if such policies are passed. Until such stuff is mandated
> (hopefully never) everything should be done the right way. Not what
> fesco currently seems to be considering.

Deferring means continuing with our current policy (always push minor
feature releases, just leave disruptive major releases like KDE 4 (or KDE 4
ports of applications with significant rewriting and some feature
regressions) to new releases, like we did for KDE in Fedora 8 vs. 9, and for
applications as well, except in cases like Konversation where the KDE 4 port
came with no feature regressions and no significant UI changes) unless/until
FESCo mandates anything else. That's quite the opposite of sheepishly
following suggested conservative policies.

        Kevin Kofler