VCS key in spec files and some scripts

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Mar 5 11:05:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 06:39:11PM +0000, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, this looks useful. I will try to use them, too. From their
> > description they should be helpful to just check whether the current
> > SPEC would still build the current upstream SCM version.
>
> Yeah, the basic idea is that they modify the .spec file in place, but
> don't affect Fedora mainline (i.e. commit or upload to the lookaside
> cache), though that would be a nice extra optional workflow step.  If
> you just want to test a build:

Here is my first feature request: please make the fedora buildsys
specific items optional, e.g. if there is no sources file, then just
skip all the CVS etc. stuff, but only fetch the tarball and update the
spec. This would make it possible to initially use the tools to create
a spec for a review request.

Also a link to an example spec would be helpful.

Regards
Till