how to make things better(tm)

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 5 11:29:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/05/2010 04:33 PM, Thomas Janssen wrote:
>>
>> So you filed a bug. I will search for it. So you stop'd using it, BUT
>> you faced more problems like that. Now that's interesting. Or is it
>> that you blow into the same horn as others do? If so, i would have
>> expected more from you
>>

> I faced more problems in other places besides kde obviously and if you
> want another example there was a thunderbird update sometime before that
> caused issues with the indexing being turned in an update and setting
> aside personal experiences there has been ample proof of regressions in
> Fedora updates

Indeed. And i saw even worse regressions.

>> better system than buildroot overrides we're asking/asked for will
>> help there as well. Though there's that link YOU provided and pointed
>> fingers at US.
>>

> I would ask you to drop this "you vs us" mentality and work on solving
> the issues that updates cause and consider how can we solve them

Thank you, now we're speaking the same language. Yes, the KDE SIG
wants the problems solved as well. It's just that repeated we are the
bad guys that makes me sick slowly. I think we found (in that BIG
threads) a handful very good options to fit everyones needs. Now it's
time to wait for the Board to give FESCo their vision and see what
FESCo wants to do with it. IMO.

Meanwhile we could stop to attack eatch other and try to relax a bit
:) I hope FESCo will do the right thing to find a way that fits all of
our users. The possibilitys are there.

>> No, i just tell you (not only you, but all people) that they shouldn't
>> forget about what Fedora stands for
>>

> The whole point is that Fedora stands for different things to different
> people and we need to find a good balance

Right. A good balance would be great. Even i thought we already have
one. Well, *i* thought ;)

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium