how to make things better(tm)

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 5 16:40:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 11:25 +0100, Thomas Janssen wrote:
>
>> I read about regressions all the time in KDE releases, over and over
>> again. What's a regression you Rahul have faced and can you provide a
>> BZ as well?
>
> (snip)
>
>> The nepomuk problem some face is something that falls under, damn,
>> that shouldn't happen, but sh!t happens. I saw a lot more and even
>> terrible stuff happen in Fedora.
>
> So first you claim there's no regressions, then you acknowledge a
> specific one and excuse it by saying 'shit happens'? And 'I saw a lot
> more and even terrible stuff happen in Fedora'? The whole point of the
> discussion is that not everyone is happy that 'shit happens', and some
> wish to reduce the about of 'terrible stuff' that happens in Fedora.

No, i haven't claimed there are no regressions, i just pointed out
that i dont like if a lot of people blow into the same horn, but
haven't seen a regression themselves. That's a difference. And yes, i
excused it with 'sh!t happens'. It is like that in the World, 'stuff
happens'. And if it happens in the SIG we talk about it and try to not
do it again. No, that doesn't mean that we think we're wrong with the
updates of 4.x.x updates. It's already explained over and over again
why we update KDE SC.

There are regressions. But not just in KDE. But interesting that so
much people cry about KDE only.
And Yes, it's always bad if terrible stuff happens. But you cant
reduce *all* the stuff that happens if you constantly pester a single
SIG. It's not like that the KDE SIG is the only one that makes
mistakes or where stuff happens.

*sigh*

--
LG Thomas