Speedup the availability of updates (was: Re: Push scripts, mash) pushes in Bodhi (urgent call for feedback))

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 17:23:17 UTC 2010

Till Maas (opensource at till.name) said:
> I have some ideas to speedup the availability of updates. Are there any
> reasons except that the tools to do this do not exist yet, to switch to
> this? I created a wiki page for this:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Till/update_availability_speedup_ideas

It seems to be missing something - it says 'all rpms that are not included
in the prior metadata will be deleted', but there's nothing in that proposal
as written that will cause rpms to fall out of the metadata.

With respect to hardlinks, the updates repos that are created *are*
hardlinks (to the koji packages); the only copying that's involved is
pushing them from the koji storage to the mirror storage.

Bill