Refining the update queues/process [Was: Worthless updates]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 17:33:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 18:26 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > Nothing like that. It just frustrates me when people don't debate
> > correctly.
>
> Then consider stopping to send further replies. You -- and some other
> participants in these threads -- pipe out way too many replies in
> quick succession.

I wake up, read the list, post my replies and then do something else.
Naturally they arrive in groups.

> No, not in a clear way. Instead, you keep emphasising that no negative
> feedback is not equal to a package not having been tested at all. That's
> just plain useless. Not even all broken deps are reported in bodhi.

Why do you keep talking about 'all', as if the condition for success is
catching 'all' errors? No testing process catches all errors, people
aren't perfect. By your criteria, all testing is useless.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey