To semi-rolling or not to semi-rolling, that is the question...

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 17:56:11 UTC 2010

On 03/05/2010 02:52 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> One size does still not fit all, although this is a great idea for
> most packages in Fedora for packages in certain niches this is a bad idea.
>
> I've said this before (and got 0 response), I believe there should
> be some divide made between core packages (with core being quite big, not
> the bare essentials, but also most of all desktop environments, etc.) and
> non core packages.

Well, the reason I didn't respond before is because I thought I had no
disagreement with what you wrote.  It seems obvious to me that even if
we made a policy that Fedora was primarily stable once released, that
there would always be exceptions to that rule and things that should be
updated more aggressively.  So I would not advocate for any policy that
was absolute and inflexible.  There should be room for human judgment to
play a role.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194