Perl, Imap and Kerberos

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 5 18:22:04 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am currently writing an IMAP client script in perl.

Since this script will only be used in one single use case and the IMAP
server supports Kerberos authentication, I thought it would be a good
idea to use Mail::ImapClient together with Authen:SASL

This works well until I want to really something, since the kerberos
protocoll implements some encryption of every message and Authen::SASL
does not support more than authentication.

Any ideas how one would implement the en/decryption using perl?

Mail::ImapClient brings some callbacks for this task, so I'd need a
decent kerberos interface.

regards

Christoph