Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Mar 5 18:28:14 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> 1. Why shouldn't the burden of proof be on the side which wants to change
> the status quo?

You seem to be ignoring the fact that there are multiple status quos in
Fedora.  There is "more stable" (GNOME, Firefox for example) vs. "more
rolling" (KDE).  I personally think it would be better to have a single
(published) status quo across the distribution, so users know what to
expect, no matter which desktop, browser, office suite, etc. they
choose.

> 2. These users are our niche, the others are better served by other
> distributions. Numbers shouldn't matter. I think blindly charging for
> popularity is going to kill us.

If numbers shouldn't matter, and charging for popularity is bad, why do
we need to target your "semi-rolling update" mode?
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>