gcc internal error on F13

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Sat Mar 6 13:59:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 08:44:13AM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Paulo Cavalcanti writes:
>
> >« HTML content follows »
> >I am trying to build a package on F13, and got a gcc internal error:
> >

> ><URL:http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2034791>http://koji
> >.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2034791
> >

> >I have no idea how to proceed ....
>
> Create a bug against gcc. Given that the bug is preventing a package
> build, it should be a high priority bug to fix.

Well, in this case it is not clear whether it is a gcc bug.  gcc was OOM killed
by the kernel, whether it is a gcc bug or not depends on whether gcc uses
way too much memory compared to how complicated/large the source is.
The OOM could be very well caused by some other memory demanding build going
on at the same time on the same build box.  So, first try to build it again,
and only if it fails on the same file again, preprare a preprocessed source
and file a bug against gcc.

	Jakub