Another great update

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 6 17:49:03 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 06.03.2010, 18:17 +0100 schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/3/6 Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at foomail.com>:
> > While we are at it, here is another great update:
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F11/FEDORA-2010-3326
> >
> >      * New version introduced in F11.
> >      * Doesn't fix any bugs but it's an enhancement only.
> >      * Useless update description "update to 4.7.1".
> >      * And *of course* it was pushed directly to stable, even in F-13.
> >
> > Dear maintainers, please stop this!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christoph
> >

> Is there any Fedora update policy?

Not yet, but we are working on it, see
http://jwboyer.livejournal.com/36737.html

> Because I don't understand the
> criteria for Fedora package update.
>
> Why I can install KDE 4.4 in F11 and I can't install latest gnome?

Because the KDE SIG uses different criteria than most of the other
packagers.

> From my user point of view, I would prefer to don't have any
> significant updates in previous stable version - just security fixes.

Fully agreed, but this is something we are discussing for the last two
weeks and I don't expect an agreement in the near future. While I think
that the decision about an update should generally be up to the
maintainers, I think KDE or this update show that we were better off
with an official policy.

> Regards,
> Michal

Regards,