Update question: some user data

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 20:14:25 UTC 2010

On 03/07/2010 01:40 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> If that were the case, I'd have expected someone to bring it up in the
> comments. No-one has.
>
> I've never actually heard of anyone running FN-1 because they want a
> 'more stable' system; this thread was the first time I heard that
> theory. In my experience, people run FN-1 because FN doesn't work for
> some reason, or just because they installed it when it was FN and don't
> want to take the time to upgrade...but that doesn't mean they want
> 'conservative' updates, necessarily.

A lot of users in our users list recommend and use a previous release
because they want more a more robust system with conservative updates
and do believe that using a older Fedora provides them with that since
the important bugs would have been found and fixed already and that's
one of the reasons I recommended that you subscribe to that list even if
you aren't actively participating so that you get a better idea of our
user base :-)

Rahul