Update question: some user data

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 21:23:51 UTC 2010

On 06/03/10 01:10 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 21:12 +0200, shmuel siegel wrote:
>> On 3/6/2010 9:04 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
>>> I thought to myself yesterday, 'what this long and fractious thread
>>> about update policy *really* needs is some unscientific and
>>> controversial numbers'. =) So, I ran a forum poll! Everyone loves those,
>>> right?
>>>

>>> What do people make of this?
>>>
>> I think that the poll misses an important distinction. People running
>> f11 are very likely to have a different opinion than people running f12.
>> The responders should indicate which system they are using.
>
> If that were the case, I'd have expected someone to bring it up in the
> comments. No-one has.
>
> I've never actually heard of anyone running FN-1 because they want a
> 'more stable' system; this thread was the first time I heard that
> theory. In my experience, people run FN-1 because FN doesn't work for
> some reason, or just because they installed it when it was FN and don't
> want to take the time to upgrade...but that doesn't mean they want
> 'conservative' updates, necessarily.

This is my take on this too. I personally don't feel the need to update every half a year and in my
particular case found that F11 was friendlier with my video card than F12 was. Accepting that this
is due to development of drivers (in the right direction!) I helped with testing pre-F12 but stayed
on F11, waiting for F13.

thufor