Another great update

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 00:49:59 UTC 2010

2010/3/7 Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>:
> 2010/3/6 Michał Piotrowski:
>> 2010/3/6 Orcan Ogetbil:
>>> The numbers 11, 12 should only indicate the core
>>> components revision number .
>>
>> I'm not convinced to this philosophy. I have used a few Linux distros
>> in past 11 years, and this is something new to me...
>>

> I understand that. However there are philosophies that don't convince
> me either. If you consider gtk2-2.18 to be stable enough to support in
> Fedora 12, then why can't you support it in F-11?  Laziness? Lack of
> manpower? Is it because F-11 is supposed to be "more stable" than
> F-12? Then why do we stop supporting F-11 (such a stable release by
> this logic) after only a couple months?

Let's consider a situation - I'm developing a project in php 5.2. This
project might work fine on php 5.3 - I don't know I didn't tested it
yet. I'm depending on 5.2 version. Testing this code for a new php
will take some time.

Php 5.3 is considered as stable in F12 - fine for me, but IMHO should
never be considered as an update for F11. Some people depend on some
constant values here - php 5.2, postgres 8.3 etc.

I know that there is a RHEL5/CentOS5 for such things, but this is
pretty outdated OS for my needs.

> Orcan

Regards,
Michal