Another great update

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 01:53:22 UTC 2010

>>> Again I say "updates-testing"! Leaving php-5.3 in testing on F-11 for
>>> a couple months will warn the users what is coming up and gives them
>>> plenty of time to adapt.
>>>

>> If you have a large codebase two months is barely enough time to even
>> big evaluating a move
>>

> Then make it 3 months, 4 months... Leave it in testing forever if you
> get too many complaints. But make it available for those who want it.

They can get it from Koji or Rawhide too, can't they?

Let's look at who will be looking for a new PHP. Normal Joe User won't
look for it. Developers will. Developers are more likely to be able to
deal with the added pain of having to build something from somewhere.
But Normal Joe User can not be expected to deal with any breakages or
the burden of too many updates. There are people in this world who are
not blessed with super fast, limitless Internet connections.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.