New version of PackageDB in staging

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 07:33:37 UTC 2010

Hello all,

The first beta of the new PackageDB is running in our staging environment
now.

  https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/

All the features for 0.5.x should be present but there's definitely bugs to
be found in the implementation.  When you across one, feel free to find me
on IRC to report it (abadger1999) or send email to me
toshio at fedoraproject.org.  If it's not something that I feel will be fixed
for 0.5.0, I'll open a ticket on the fedorahosted trac instance for it.

URLs should no longer change position but a few minor changes in query
parameters may still occur.  Many scripts may need to be updated for use
with the new version of the packagedb.  I'd recommend taking this
opportunity to port to the python-fedora client library if at all possible
as I'll be maintaining the clientside API there for a while even if the
serverside changes.  If you need additional serverside URLs wrapped in
python-fedora, let me know (code snippets welcomed) and I'll get them into
python-fedora for you.

The current python-fedora package, 0.3.16 works with what's currently in
production.  I'm currently testing python-fedora-0.3.16.90 which works with
the version in staging.  Depending on how many bugs are found and how
quickly they're squashed, I'll push python-fedora-0.3.17 or 0.3.18 with the
0.5.x packagedb.

python-fedora-0.3.16.90 packages for F-11, F12, F-13, and EL-5 are available
here:

http://toshio.fedorapeople.org/packages/python-fedora

They're signed with my personal gpg key.

-Toshio