Another great update

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 7 08:34:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 2:53 AM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If you have a large codebase two months is barely enough time to even
>>> big evaluating a move
>>>

>> Then make it 3 months, 4 months... Leave it in testing forever if you
>> get too many complaints. But make it available for those who want it.
>
> They can get it from Koji or Rawhide too, can't they?
>
> Let's look at who will be looking for a new PHP. Normal Joe User won't
> look for it. Developers will. Developers are more likely to be able to
> deal with the added pain of having to build something from somewhere.
> But Normal Joe User can not be expected to deal with any breakages or
> the burden of too many updates. There are people in this world who are
> not blessed with super fast, limitless Internet connections.

So as developer i have to go trough some more pain, ok.

Well, i hope such people with limited internet connections can handle
a GUI or CLI command, read how big an update in question would be and
can click [cancel] or write 'no' to the commandline if they think
that's too much. *sigh*

I obviously don't know what kind of people do live out there in the
wild. All the people i know, and i know a lot, are able to choose what
they want and what fits their needs.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium