Another great update

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 7 12:49:18 UTC 2010

2010/3/7 Henrique Junior <henriquecsj at gmail.com>:
> From what I see, to educate our users to actually test and provide
> feedback is more laborious than educating our package maintainers. For
> maintainers, discussions such as those that have occurred serve to
> clarify, but I think in the case of users, it wouldn't be very painful
> to insert one more screen during the pos-installation asking if the user
> wants to test "bleeding edge" software (activating the updates-testing
> by default), something similar to what we already do with smolt,

Right, testing packages from updates-testing would be hard to explain
to new users. And it's not needed during installation..
But to convince more experienced users to do so we could add it to the
tour that's in early talking stage.

One possibility to teach even new users (and more experienced ones) to
do so would be a "class" in IRC. We have a classroom and it's used to
teach our users about various topics.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRC/Classroom

Adding that to a tour trough fedora could bring in possible new testers.

CCing Ryan, if it's not at the talking points he can add it.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium