Move a configuration file

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sun Mar 7 19:32:36 UTC 2010

On Sunday 07 March 2010 11:55:11 am Johan Cwiklinski wrote:
> If I change the path in conf.d/BackupPC.conf ; users who have modified
> the .conf file will get a conf.rpmnew file ; that's fine.
> The ones who did not change the .conf file will have it replaced by RPM,
> breaking the apache authentication.
>
> Any thoughts about that?

I think the traditional fix is to have a post install script that checks the
old location and moves/copies it to the new location. If this can be done
during a period where the config file is not getting features added, its more
likely to not cause any problems.

Also note that any change in location of important files is likely to affect SE
Linux labeling. Policy may have to get adjusted and you might need to
coordinate the change so both get pushed out at the same time.

-Steve