Another great update

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 08:51:57 UTC 2010

On Saturday 06 March 2010 19:38:16 Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> 2010/3/6 Naheem Zaffar <naheemzaffar at gmail.com>:
> > 2010/3/6 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com>
> >
> >> Why I can install KDE 4.4 in F11 and I can't install latest gnome?
> >> (I'm just asking because I'm curious, not because I use Linux on
> >> desktop)
> >
> > I think for many people the issue is not that it can be an update (maybe
> > the enhancements etc are useful to someone).
> >
> > As an end user, I would think there should be asafety precaution on non
> > urgent updates to go through updates-testing.
> >
> > FTR, I DO like and want feature updates.
> >
> > Updates-testing will not catch everything, but it should help catch soime
> > "nuclear" issues that otherwise may have sneaked past.
> >
> > I think the current update process is very good and well liked by me. But
> > tweaking it is not a big problem.
> >
> > PS other places that have more stable updates also have their problems -
> > there are many users who dislike Ubuntu because bugs are not fixed and
> > they have to live with them far too long.
>
> I generally agree with your POV for actual stable F12 - latest and
> greatest updates for peoples who likes bleeding edge. But previous
> stable (F11) IMHO should be considered as "in maintenance mode" -
> security and bug fixes only.

This is what I said 1000000 times in all previous threads in last two weeks!!!
Even KDE SIG is working on stability proposal that practically means - do not
touch Fn-1 and I'd like to generalize it match Fedora...

For mc update - no description is really very bad mistake!

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275