Update question: some user data

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Mar 8 09:27:56 UTC 2010

Le Sam 6 mars 2010 20:04, Adam Williamson a écrit :

> The numbers do surprise me, to be honest. As I write this, it's 34-8 -
> that's over 80% - in favour of 'adventurous' updates.

Advanced users (those most likely to want a more stable rawhide to use it as
primary system) use irc, mailing lists, bugzilla, etc. Normal users (those
that need a stable Fedora so they can spend their time writing apps, doing
i18n, etc) do not read Fedora forums (if they had this kind of time they would
not object to adventurous time-wasting updates).

About the only population likely to read Fedora forums regularly are tinkerers
that have not moved to the advanced stage and its communication channels, but
need something to coordinated workarounds when one of the experimental updates
they so like break their system. This something is Fedora forums. It would
have been highly surprising that you'd get a different answer by posting your
poll here.

--
Nicolas Mailhot