How does one deal with obsoleted updates from updates-testing

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 8 15:26:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Quentin Armitage wrote:

> The glibc packages (including nscd) were in updates-testing, but have
> been obsoleted, and so 2.11.90-12 is now the current version again. What
> is the mechanism for becoming aware that a package that has been
> installed through updates-testing has been obsoleted (especially since
> the standard install of F-13 rc has updates-testing enabled)?

They've not been obsoleted, they've just been updated. Obsoleted has a
different special meaning in rpm-parlance.

> Bodhi doesn't even list gtksourceview2-2.9.7-1.fc13, so I can't see
> where that came from, but the current version for F-13 appears to be
> 2.9.5-1.fc13.
>
> Also, why are some packages listed as @updates-testing and others as
> installed when all the packages are installed?

Depends on which version of yum they were installed with. If the version
is older than yum 3.2.25 - then it won't list the repo they were installed
from in a 'yum list installed'.

if it was 3.2.25 or newer, it will.

-sv