What are the rules for which package we build against in F-13?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:37:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 03:29:37PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

>So I submitted a rebuild for libguestfs in F-13 (just now).  This
>was built against:
>
>plymouth-core-libs 0.8.0-0.20100114.2.fc13

Yes, that's what in dist-f13.  You can view this with:

koji latest-pkg dist-f13 <package>

or for the buildroot explicitly:

koji latest-pkg dist-f13-build <package>

>But the version of plymouth that I get when I install plymouth from
>F-13 updates-testing on a local machine (after
>'yum --enablerepo=\* clean all') is:
>
>plymouth-core-libs 0.8.0-0.20100225.1.fc13

Updates-testing packages aren't included in the buildroot.

>and neither of those versions is mentioned by Bodhi.  Bodhi seems to
>suggest that it should be building against and using another version
>entirely:
>
>https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/plymouth
>plymouth-0.8.0-0.20100305.1.fc13

Bodhi doesn't suggest what you build against at all.  It's just saying that the
latest submitted plymouth package is that one.

>I'm confused by this situation ...

The buildroots are populated from packages in the:

dist-f13
dist-f13-override
dist-f12-updates

tags.  If a package isn't in one of those tags, it's not going to be in the
buildroot.  If you need to build against a newer version of a package, then you
need to file a ticket on the rel-eng trac instance asking for a buildroot
override (which will get it tagged into dist-f13-override).

josh