Karma threshold for kernel

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 19:51:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:29:23 -0600, Michael wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Nah. The same way you could consider all bodhi comments "spam". If you
> > are the first commenter of a popular package, you receive lots of
> > notifications for all subsequent comments (where sometimes people
> > even use bodhi to argue about something).
>
> Michael, how is posting:
>
> user at radiopresenter.me.uk (unauthenticated) - 2010-03-08 13:36:44 (karma: 0)
> Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'>  Error Value: Error getting
> repository data for installed, repository not found    File :
> /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125, in <module>
> main()    File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line
> 3122, in
> main      backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:])    File :
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-
> packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 710, in dispatcher
> self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:])    File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-
> packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 657, in dispatch_command
> self.update_packages(only_trusted, package_ids)    File :
> /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1948, in
> update_packages
> signed = self._is_package_repo_signed(pkg)    File :
> /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1437, in
> _is_package_repo_signed      repo = self.yumbase.repos.getRepo(pkg.repoid)
> File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/repos.py, line 121, in getRepo
> 'Error getting repository data for $s, repository not found' $ (repoid)
>
> Multiple times a week not considered spam? Really? Posting this prior to
> stable pushes is fine -- I never consider it spam.

It's a clueless user, who abuses bodhi's features to post anonymous
comments. Just turn off that feature, and let people register for either
a Fedora account or a Fedora Bodhi account. Then it would be possible
to take further action.

> If I could CC you on
> some of those updates maybe you would change your opinion.

Are you kidding? It would only influence my opinion about you.
I've been subscribed to enough bodhi tickets before.