Proposed udpates policy change

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 22:38:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 17:32 -0500, Al Dunsmuir wrote:
> -1.  Nay.  NoWay.  No thanks.  Uh uh.
>
> I  could  find  little or nothing in your proposal to which I agreed... so
> decided not to quote any.
>
> I  just  registered  at  Fedoraforums.org  and  voted "adventurous" in
> Adam's  poll.   Just  to  make  sure  my  voice  is heard, and not the
> shouting  of  folks who think they know what I want, and want to limit
> my choices for my own good.

As Matthew expressly said, "This is entirely orthogonal to the ongoing
discussions regarding whether updates in stable releases should be
expected to provide features or purely bugfixes"

The proposal neither intentionally nor accidentally prevents people
pushing 'adventurous' updates. It just requires that all updates receive
a certain level of testing feedback to be accepted.

You may still think it's a bad proposal, but it's important to note that
it's not about restricting the types of updates that can be done. So
voting in the poll I started doesn't have much to do with *this*
proposal.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey